Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Walking Onions

Posted by paquebot Z-4b WI (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 27, 06 at 16:26

Have 4 different available: Catawissa, Heritage Sweet, and two different Egyptians. Now is the time to plant them.

Everyone knows the common Catawissa. Loads of topsets on hand! Want two dozen? No problem!

More are learning about the prolific Heritage Sweet. This is available as both topsets and bulbs. Both grow fast and sprout real soon after planting.

One of the Egyptians is the common type similar to Catawissa but smaller plant and single cluster of reddish-brown topsets.

The second Egyptian has mostly large purple-green topsets which are indeed big enough for pearl onions. Slower to multiply but the best of the two.

All available for postage and packing. Topsets can be sent in a bubble envelope. HS bulbs would be best mailed in a Ready Post box for protection. (I can get 4 ounces in the cassette size.)

Martin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Walking Onions

Martin, I would interested in some of each..What do you accept for Paytment..How much for say 4 oz. of each??
Your hierloom garlic did fine but small...I fertilized and added bonemeal...Any thoughts what I did wrong???
Joey

o
RE: HAVE: Walking Onions

Martin: I know this is from last year's posting, but planted in fall Globemaster received in a library exchange. Now on Allium Forum and would love to receive some topset alliums. Pls. advise in e-mail how you want me to proceed with SASBE or postal box? Need direction here. Had multipliers as a child but have not dabbled until the urge hit me now...at a much older age. Interested in Catawissa or whatever you can spare (I have a very small plot.)

GW-VirgieBaby165 vlbarber4725@yahoo.com

Pls. check out my offer of perennial flower seeds on seed trading forum in exchange for the topsets, and thank you.

Ginny B.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here