Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Have: potato onions, garlic, shallots

Posted by promethean_spark 9b CA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 28, 10 at 14:54

I have several varieties of garlic (Early Italian purple, inchelium red, lorz italian, red toch, shilla, ajo rojo, chesnok red, german stiffneck, silver rose) as well as yellow potato onions, picasso shallots, red blush bunching onions (plants), evergreen hardy white scallion (seed) and american flag leek (seed).

I'm interested in other potato onions and shallots (particularly gray shallot), and other unusual edible alliums or vegetables.

I'm not particularly interested in more garlic, except for creoles.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Have: potato onions, garlic, shallots

Would you like a trade of Egyptian Onions for your Potato Onions? Let me know.

o

Not many varieties of garlic do well here in SE Louisiana. You have several that do. I would love to have of any of the Early Italian Purple, Inchelium Red, Lorz Italian, Red Toch, or Ajo Rojo.

I would like to have some Potato onions and shallots also. I have never seen a potato onion yet.

The only alliums I have to offer are some bulbils of Egyptian Walking onions.

Promethean Spark; Back in the '20s and '30s Cajun people were being treated pretty badly. Many spoke only French. They would gather in homes and barns and play music and dance. This outlet of expression helped many thousands get through the hard times of the depression and persecution. Today's Zydeco music is a product of this wonderful and vanishing heritage. My family had many talented musicians and singers. Not the least of which was my mother and her beautiful voice. Y'all keep up the good work Promethean Spark!

I have a pretty large "HAVE" list. I hope you find some seeds there you like.

o

Red Onions for Potato Onions? I have some nice fresh red onions and I'd love some potato onions or american leeks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here