Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: The Kitchen Mix

Posted by Paquebot Z-4b WI (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 05 at 23:37

With the 2005-06 planting about done, now comes the problem of disposing of the surplus. Especially so when we've presently got 10 times more than we can use in the kitchen! The idea of a gardener's kitchen mix was late last year but still popular so I'll do it again. I'll send 5 cloves of 5 varieties. Although originally planned as an actual mix, most wanted each variety identified. I'll do that since we don't need any "unidentified local heirlooms" 10 years down the road!

For convenience in mailing and keeping the costs down, I can stuff them into a 000 bubble envelope. Because of that, the cloves will be the smaller ones from those known for large cloves. All I want back is either my costs or enough of your land to grow something else!

Martin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: The Kitchen Mix

OK Martin,

I have to take you up on this offer to! I'd love to have the Kitchen mix and will keep it logged and labeled for future records.

Thanks! Getting my fall garden ready tomorrow!

Kathy

o

martin please put me on the " kitchen mix" list.
thank you. lori

o

I would love your Kitchen Mix, add me to your list also. Thanks, trudyjean

o

I would love this!

o

If you have any more, I would love to be included.
Susan

o

Hey Martin, I'd love for you to dispose of some of your surplus here in southern Indiana. I'll reimburse whatever it is, AND give you a small plot here to grow something else (it might be infested with wild onions/garlic I must warn you though)

Sue

o

Are we too late? We just realized we have room for a little more garlic this year... We will happily reimburse you, and reserve the spot next to the pepper patch for you. ;-)

Patty

o

Yes, still available but going fast. Now it seems that nobody around here has any seed garlic and word got out that I might have some. After I take care of Sue and Patty, might be wise to not get your hopes too high. There is a possible alternate source which I'd rather not impose upon at this time. So, we'll go as far as we can and dream of next year!

Martin

o

If you have anything left, Oklahoma is great land for growing garlic!
I'll send an email with my address-just in case there is.
-Darryll

o

Martin,
I just wanted to thank you again for the kitchen mix - I have gotten the bed ready and planted the cloves. Now I can't wait for next spring when they start popping up. Thank you very much.

o

Martin.

Can I Possibly Get in on Your 'Kitchen Mix'?
"Thanks" in Advance...Either Way.

Lelan.

o

Thanks so much.

I will get your cost out soon, and you can still have the land to grow more as I offered above. lol

Sue

o

I should have known you would also have some garlic to share. If you have any left, no matter how little, I have a bit more room in my garlic patch. I planted yesterday, but the window of opportunity for planting is pretty long here. Will send my mailing address just in case.

Mary in Oregon, who is looking forward to planting your tomato seeds too.

o

Hi,
I know I'm late ,but should you have some left I truly would be grateful.
Thank you .
Marianne

o

• Posted by Baci z10Ca (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 9, 05 at 7:07

I am interested if you have any left. Thanks.

o

Baci, still have odds and ends for anyone who has time left to plant them. Thought that I was finally running low but found lots more in the garden shed!

Martin

o

Martin:

If you have any left, I can still work my beds, I would love to take some off your hands. I am not picky.

o

Jen,
Your request will clean up most of the leftovers. Thus you'll be the last for this year. You should have a few decent days left to get them into the ground.

Also, you must have changed your e-mail address as the one I have doesn't work. Contact me ASAP.

Martin

o

Thanks so much Martin! I replied to your email I received this morning. You Rock!!!

o

Do you have any left? I would love some.

o

I would love some of your garlic of any kind if there's any left. I'm really starting to appreciate garlic in the garden!

KrystalMO

o

I just found this forum....If you have any left, I would so appreciate some..
Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Community Garden Website

o

Hi mdgardengurl, I just got my mix yesterday. Awesome! They are still available but you'll need to contact Martin directly through his member page for shipping details.

o

Sign me up if you still have some left. Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here