Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paquebot

HAVE: The Kitchen Mix

paquebot
18 years ago

With the 2005-06 planting about done, now comes the problem of disposing of the surplus. Especially so when we've presently got 10 times more than we can use in the kitchen! The idea of a gardener's kitchen mix was late last year but still popular so I'll do it again. I'll send 5 cloves of 5 varieties. Although originally planned as an actual mix, most wanted each variety identified. I'll do that since we don't need any "unidentified local heirlooms" 10 years down the road!

For convenience in mailing and keeping the costs down, I can stuff them into a 000 bubble envelope. Because of that, the cloves will be the smaller ones from those known for large cloves. All I want back is either my costs or enough of your land to grow something else!

Martin

Comments (24)

• kcdupree
    18 years ago

OK Martin,

I have to take you up on this offer to! I'd love to have the Kitchen mix and will keep it logged and labeled for future records.

Thanks! Getting my fall garden ready tomorrow!

Kathy

• lillieinal
    18 years ago

martin please put me on the " kitchen mix" list.
    thank you. lori

• trudyjean82
    18 years ago

I would love your Kitchen Mix, add me to your list also. Thanks, trudyjean

• seneca_s
    18 years ago

I would love this!

• mommicked
    18 years ago

If you have any more, I would love to be included.
    Susan

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

Hey Martin, I'd love for you to dispose of some of your surplus here in southern Indiana. I'll reimburse whatever it is, AND give you a small plot here to grow something else (it might be infested with wild onions/garlic I must warn you though)

Sue

• Ron_and_Patty
    18 years ago

Are we too late? We just realized we have room for a little more garlic this year... We will happily reimburse you, and reserve the spot next to the pepper patch for you. ;-)

Patty

• paquebot
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, still available but going fast. Now it seems that nobody around here has any seed garlic and word got out that I might have some. After I take care of Sue and Patty, might be wise to not get your hopes too high. There is a possible alternate source which I'd rather not impose upon at this time. So, we'll go as far as we can and dream of next year!

Martin

• crazin_capsaicin
    18 years ago

If you have anything left, Oklahoma is great land for growing garlic!
    I'll send an email with my address-just in case there is.
    -Darryll

• kaysbelle
    18 years ago

Martin,
    I just wanted to thank you again for the kitchen mix - I have gotten the bed ready and planted the cloves. Now I can't wait for next spring when they start popping up. Thank you very much.

• zztopsoil
    18 years ago

Martin.

Can I Possibly Get in on Your 'Kitchen Mix'?
    "Thanks" in Advance...Either Way.

Lelan.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

Thanks so much.

I will get your cost out soon, and you can still have the land to grow more as I offered above. lol

Sue

• maryinpnw
    18 years ago

I should have known you would also have some garlic to share. If you have any left, no matter how little, I have a bit more room in my garlic patch. I planted yesterday, but the window of opportunity for planting is pretty long here. Will send my mailing address just in case.

Mary in Oregon, who is looking forward to planting your tomato seeds too.

• mari5us
    18 years ago

Hi,
    I know I'm late ,but should you have some left I truly would be grateful.
    Thank you .
    Marianne

• baci
    18 years ago

I am interested if you have any left. Thanks.

• paquebot
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Baci, still have odds and ends for anyone who has time left to plant them. Thought that I was finally running low but found lots more in the garden shed!

Martin

• JenWestie
    18 years ago

Martin:

If you have any left, I can still work my beds, I would love to take some off your hands. I am not picky.

• paquebot
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jen,
    Your request will clean up most of the leftovers. Thus you'll be the last for this year. You should have a few decent days left to get them into the ground.

Also, you must have changed your e-mail address as the one I have doesn't work. Contact me ASAP.

Martin

• JenWestie
    18 years ago

Thanks so much Martin! I replied to your email I received this morning. You Rock!!!

• mphilips320
    18 years ago

Do you have any left? I would love some.

• krystalmo
    17 years ago

I would love some of your garlic of any kind if there's any left. I'm really starting to appreciate garlic in the garden!

KrystalMO

• mdgardengurl
    17 years ago

I just found this forum....If you have any left, I would so appreciate some..
    Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Community Garden Website

• aka_peggy
    17 years ago

Hi mdgardengurl, I just got my mix yesterday. Awesome! They are still available but you'll need to contact Martin directly through his member page for shipping details.

• toadman03
    17 years ago

Sign me up if you still have some left. Thanks!!

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor