Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Just bought allium bulbs...now what??

ademink
17 years ago

I was at Meijer (I know..I know...not so reputable a "nursery", eh? LOL) last night and they had some clearance allium - Christophii and Gladiator. They were only .74 a box so you can't really go wrong w/ those prices. The bulbs look good and healthy, though I'm sure they are left over from this past season.

Should I wait until Spring? Plant them in a pot inside now? Or....???

Thanks!

Andrea

Comments (2)

• goddessemer6
    17 years ago

With all bulbs it's best to plant them immediately, or you could just use the garlic in your cooking. If you don't do either, they most likely will either try to grow and then you'll wish you'd put them in the soil or they may spoil and you'd have wasted them. Of course they may pull through and then you could plant them in the spring just fine. But I would put them in the earth, it's just my way! LOL By the way if you go to Meijer website they have very detailed information on garlic. Rather surprising!

~Rose

Here is a link that might be useful: Meijer

• zachslc
    17 years ago

They were .74/box because they were left over from last fall. They need to be planted in the fall. Plant them as soon as the soil can be dug. They most likely will nto flower this year.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH