Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
onions I.D. plz

Posted by boston3381 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 23, 10 at 19:41

what are the little onions that are in the jar with pickles?? and are they hard to grow??im going to grow some pickling pickles and i want to know if its worth growing those onions or am i better off buying them????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: onions I.D. plz

These are normally "pearl" onions. Just a small (baby) bulbing onion. Usually a smaller bulbing variety, but any bulbing onion can be used. They just have to been harvested at less than one inch in diameter. Barletta, Cystal White Wax, White Mexican, Pacific Pearl,Mini Purplette. The common set onions can also be used Stuttgart, Yellow Ebenezer, White Ebenezer, Red Weathersfield . Actually easier to grow than large onions.

o
RE: onions I.D. plz

thank you farmerdilla

so i should assume that growing time is shorter and plant spacing is closer.
you chould allmost grow them in deep trays out side?
has anyone done this in a tray? if so how deep of a tray?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here