Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo Aid Re: Mulching Garlic

Posted by soilent_green 4b MN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 13:24

For anyone interested, I have taken some photos that will hopefully answer some people's questions related to mulching garlic.

Click on any image to go to the full size image with notes.

Let me know if any of these pics or any of my notes were of value to you!

-Tom

Note: All of my images are protected under Yahoo Flickr site use policies, and United States and international copyright laws. Unauthorized use or duplication is strictly prohibited. My permission must be granted for any commercial application of these images. These images are for sale.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo Aid Re: Mulching Garlic

You have a really nice looking garlic patch!

o

Now, that's an impressive garlic garden. My wife thinks I plant too much (12 varieties but only 140-150 bulbs) so I plan to show her these magnificent photos. That should put an end to her gentle criticism of my two little garlic beds.

o

I planted 120' row 6" On Center, So I should have 200 cloves of garlic. That still a lot of garlic.

o

100-plus count garlic planted is a LOT of garlic for a family, even when subtracting the seed stock for next year. They are fun plants to grow, and tasty to eat, aren't they?

So how is your garlic doing this year, vk and obrion? We have had a very poor spring - wet, cold, cloudy. Seems like for every one or two nice sunny days we are getting five cold, cloudy, rainy ones. Garlic got a good start but then slowed down considerably. Garlic looks great, just not growing very fast the last three weeks. One of my test beds (not shown) is more exposed and the leaf tips got nipped by frost. Another test bed (not shown) has been under water several times. It is all planted bulbils so no loss if they fail. At this point they are struggling but could make it if it stopped raining and the soil dried out.

Rain is forecast the next 5 days. Another three weeks like this and the ability to plant my main summer veggie gardens will be in serious jeopardy.

-Tom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here