Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bloosquall

french gray shallots

bloosquall
15 years ago

I'm looking for these shallots to buy. I'm looking for 100 lbs if I can get it. Anybody out there growing these ???

Comments (5)

• korney19
    15 years ago

Are they copper wrappered with lavender to purple flesh rings and about 2-3" long & generally over an inch wide?

What do you think shipping on that many would cost nearly coast to coast?!?!

• bloosquall
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Korney19,

Yeah I guess that's a good description of them. Kinda pear shaped. Pendleton family farms has a picture of them. I would go UPS in 50 lbs sacks or 25 lbs sacks. I have no idea what that would cost. Why, do you have some ?

• korney19
    14 years ago

Travis, is that you???

Sorry, lost this thread while taking care of a dying mother--I don't get online as often. Did you ever get these? My original point was huge shipping costs from coast to coast... do a UPS rate calculation from 14206.

I'm growing just a handful of what I described, I don't recall what they costed but they are nowhere near the price per pound that onion & garlic shops charge. I'm thinking $3.99 or $4.59 or something around there.

Hey, I just remembered that the P.O. has flat rate boxes for up to 75lbs!

• bloosquall
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi again Korney19,

Yes it is Travis in WA. I found one man who has a few of these. Pendleton family farms, they are in Ohio as I recall...he's wanting $10.00/lb for his as he doesn't have very many. I've had a difficult time with mine this year I'm afraid. They were planted to deep and over half of them rotted. I'll lose 75% at least. Check out pendleton family farms.com for a picture if you're interested in seeing exactly what I'm talking about.

I need to learn how to grow these little buggers.

Death sucks sometimes, Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

• ardnek710
    14 years ago

Territorial Seeds also sells them, about the same price as you mentioned above. We got ours from them last year, looking great right now.

kendra

Sponsored