Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Question about what to do with Wild Garlic

girlsingardens
15 years ago

I have a question about what to do about wild garlic. I went to an empty house where I have permission to dig and found lots of regular garlic and also found wild garlic. It has the round hollow leaves and a bulb with tiny little bulbs surrounding it. I think it is neat and interesting and would like to plant it and use it in cooking. But finding out how easily it can take over an area, I was thinking the best thing to do would be to plant it in a pot where I could use it but it wouldn't take over the garden and yard. Do you think that this would work. I know that the girls would love the poky leaves and they love all things in the garden. So I was planning on putting it in some pots where I could use cuttings of the greens and also use the bulbs. It isn't ramps because they are tall hollow round leaves that are really thick and don't bend easily.

Any help or ideas would be great. I know that DH would kill me if I planted it in the ground and it took over the yard. We have worked hard in the 5 years that we have lived here to get the yard to actually have grass in it. When we moved there was nothing but weeks all over the garden, not a blade of grass. In less than 4 years it is a nice full yard of grass.

Stacie

girlsingardens

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting