Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Ramp Question

Posted by breezyb z6/7VA (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 05 at 10:37

Has anyone ever frozen them? I was wondering how they'd do lightly blanched & frozen for later use in cooked dishes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Ramp Question

I don't freeze them because I like limiting the eating to the short spring harvest. Others, however, freeze them with success. They have a short freezer life, maybe a few months, IIRC.

Ray

o

Thanks. I agree on enjoying them while they're in season. The reason I was wondering was because there's a wonderful mail-order gourmet food company ("Earthy Delights") that sells them (as well as fiddleheads & morel mushrooms in season) by the pound. I'm thinking of sending some to someone, but wouldn't want them to feel they had to use the whole bunch all at once if they didn't want to.

o

You might want to stock up, there are several bans and limits that are going into place re ramp collecting. I posted some info on the other ramp thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here