Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple Italian Easy Peel Garlic - Where to find?

Posted by bizygal PA zone 6 (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 07 at 14:52

Hello All,

This is my first post, I am a new gardener and so appreciate this awesome forum!

I absolutely love cooking with garlic but do not know much about it. A few years ago I remember a PBS show with a New York farmer that spoke of his love for Purple Italian Easy Peel garlic. He loved it so much that he grew acres of it and began selling to New York City restaurants. Everyone loved its flavor so much that he just could not keep up with demand.

I can't seem to find any posts regarding this garlic or where I can find it. I've searched numerous seed catalogs such as Seeds of Change, Johnny's Seeds, Territorial Garden etc... and cannot find this Purple Italian Easy Peel for sale.

Anyone happen to know where I can find some to grow in my new garden?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Italian Easy Peel Garlic - Where to find?

Looks like the Garlic Store carries it. This is from their online catalog:

4404 Italian Purple - whole bulbs, 1/2 lb bag, $10.95
The basic Italian hardneck, also called Gambino and "Easy Peel." It produces large bulbs with easy to peel cloves that do wonders for Mediterranean cooking. Widely grown in the Ohio Valley and Northeast it makes its way into a lot of home-cooked Italian suppers.Certified organic. US

Here is a link that might be useful: The Garlic Store - Hardneck Varieties

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here