Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pvel_gw

where to buy seed garlic online?

pvel
12 years ago

Can anyone recommend where I can buy garlic online. I plan to plant in the fall.

Thanks

Comments (17)

• billtex
    12 years ago

gourmetgarlic in tx . also lots of good garlic info. bill

• garlicstonefarm
    12 years ago

I'd love to help you out on this one:) .

Here is a link that might be useful: Garlic Seed Online

• pvel
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Garlic Stone Farm. You have a nice website and very good prices. I can't wait for the garlic to arrive. Hope you have a great crop!

• seysonn
    12 years ago

If you are a newbi to garlic growing, you can just buy them from a whole food(organic) store and plant them then. Unless you are looking for specific varieties. This is my third year, and have planted store bought, then my own.
    The source has been grocery store.

• seysonn
    12 years ago

I got another idea. If there is a local Farmers Market near you, you might want to go there around garlic harvest time and see if anybody has garlics for sale. This way you can be sure that you are getting something that is grown locally and it is not treated. I am going to do the same, to look for new and better varieties grown locally.

• garlicgarden
    12 years ago

Its often good to buy from somewhere with a similar climate if possible that way the garlic is already acclimatized to your area. There is a good place online www.greyduckgarlic.com who are in Washington.I'm not sure where you are located.

• cindy_eatonton
    12 years ago

Any suggestions on where to buy garlic for the south? I see most of the suppliers are in PNW or Midwest...

Thanks!
    Cindy

• cindy_eatonton
    12 years ago

Was hoping to bump this up in case anyone has an answer?

Thank you!

• lucillle
    12 years ago

The first answer to the OPs question was a suggestion for a business in Tx. Their site has plenty of info and carefully takes you through which kinds of garlics do well in different climates. The listed suppliers have various garlics and you can find the kind that will do best for you.
    I had previously bookmarked the gourmetgarlic site because they are low key, they are not pushing you to buy, buy, buy in every sentence, rather they present good info and if you wish you can then look into their suppliers.

• cindy_eatonton
    12 years ago

Thank you Lucille! It is nice to read good info without the push. :-)

Cindy

• lufeng
    12 years ago

we export garlic from China, if you have interest in us,pls visit our website www.lufengkeji.cn
    my mail: lufeng-1@lfspkj.com

• 1rusteddave
    12 years ago

Check Ebay! they have lots of sellers in the fall.

• jolj
    12 years ago

I like: http://www.wegrowgarlic.com/12401/index.html
    But they do not have seeds for 2012 listed yet. You could commit on they site.

Here is a link that might be useful: garlic

• stevelau1911
    12 years ago

If you type in garlic bulbils in eBay, you should see a few kinds if you intend to grow from seed.

I grow them from seed too when I want to add a new species just because it is cheaper, and the following year, they still get pretty big.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of my garlic plants

• lockmandesign
    12 years ago

Bulbils are a really slow way to get usable garlic.

I would also recomend that you buy some named varieties from a known/trusted source. As you may or may not know their are many different types of garlic and they don't all do well everywhere. So make sure you know what you are buying or you are wasting a lot of garden space.

• rabukia
    11 years ago

www.garlicgarlic.com
    Garlic is grown naturally without chemicals or artificial fertilizers. Hand planted and dug from raised beds. Small family farm. Large cloves!

Here is a link that might be useful: GarlicGarlic

• defigart
    11 years ago

I have used Territorial Seeds in the past with garlic and had good results. (http://www.territorialseed.com/category/galic_potatoes) yes the misspelling is correct.

This year I am getting "seed" garlic from a local source at our cities farmers market. As well as from a couple online sources. My first food garden in about 10 years.