Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Search for the White Potato Onion

Posted by mark_fields z5 MO (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 29, 06 at 15:04

Yes, once again it is time for me to ask the readers if they have come across the white potato onion in their travels. This onion is now officially extinct in the US. None of the known collections contain them.

If you have stumbled across someone with them, please let me know. I'd be most interested in visiting with them.

Thanks
Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Search for the White Potato Onion

• Posted by daria Z5A ME (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 30, 06 at 15:34

Fedco's catalog for 2005-6 has them - hopefully the 2006-7 will too:

http://www.fedcoseeds.com - click the "Moose Tubers" link then "catalog" or use the PDF direct link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Fedco Catalog

o
Sorry, but those are yellow

A friend ordered some and they are the common yellow skinned potato onions. They didn't make it clear in the catalog which they were.

o

hello mark,
no i have had no luck in finding white potato onions. i still think there is people out there growing these onions that have been in their family for years. hope one day to find them.
the henderson topset i got from you did good.took them up this week. thank you again.
lori

o

http://www.southernexposure.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PONION

o

I went to the Southern exposure site. The question I have is the order for the organic white potato onion is $8 but it doesn't tell you how many you get.
Ernie J

o

1. The white multiplier onions offered in SESE are NOT white potato onions. They are more likely Heritage Sweet according to their catalog description and website picture.

2. Quantity received for $8 is 4 ounces.

3. The only potato onions that SESE has are the yellow ones.

Martin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here