Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thorspippi_z_9b

Did I offend people here?

thorspippi
18 years ago

I swear I put deodorant on every day....

I asked some questions in the "Harvest day woohoo" thread and still need some answers. I've tried searching but I haven't turned up anything (probably not searching for the right key words).

Comments (8)

• gardenlad
    18 years ago

No, you haven't offended.

Sometimes, however, we don't know the answers, is all.

Frnstance, I have never grown Elephant Garlic, and don't eat it either. So anything I said would be just blue smoke and mirrors.

I'm sure others are in a similar boat.

Of course, if you'd rather I made something up out of whole cloth........ ;>)

• soren
    18 years ago

Yeah I'm not sure if you do things the same way with elephant garlic as you do with real garlic. But If I had to guess I would treat it the same way and hang it up in a shady spot to cure. The box isn't going to have a lot of air circulation.

• thorspippi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you, both! I'll try to be more patient in the future! :-)

• ksrogers
    18 years ago

Tried growing elephant garlic only once. Never saw a single green of any kind, so I never bothered to try and grow it again.. Many people only have weekends to read and answer posts. Because I am active in several forums, it can take many hours in a single day to get to answer any of the posts, or even watch for replies to mine. Lately, I seem to spend more time on the PC than in my garden, when it's supposed to be the other way around..

• Nelz
    18 years ago

Not sure what the Q was, but I grow El. Garlic regularly, and I treat just like the others. I also use the little hard as rock bulbils (from the bottoms of the bulbs) some times to produce rounds the first year. These rounds will produce 'real' bulbs the next. It's best to soak the bulbils and put a good nick in them before planting. First time I did the bulbils, I planted in fall, and they didn't give me green shoots until near or after harvest the following year.

BTW, Gardenlad had it right on why answers are sometimes slow in coming.

• garliclady
    18 years ago

I sometimes wait to answer a question to see if some one that lives in that area of the country can answer it. I usually answer quickly to some one from zone 7 east coast.
    I figure growing conditions /variety type/harvest etc can be so different from different geographic regions someone that lives near them should be able to answer their question better.

• thorspippi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks allaya! I feel much better now. Whew. I do have garlic breath but I figured around here....... :-)

• gardenlad
    18 years ago

>I do have garlic breath....Really? Somehow I never noticed. ;>)

But, like I keep saying, it's not the cost of garlic seed that's a pain in the wallet. It's those damn Altoids.

Sponsored