Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phaedrus75

Globemaster question

phaedrus75
15 years ago

Hello.....I am new to GW forums and have a few questions about GB alliums that I have planted.....of the 9 bulbs that I planted all of them came up and perhaps 5 or 6 bloomed, large globes on maybe 2 foot stalks.....I am currently digging them as I plan on relocating them and to my surprise the HUGE bulbs that I planted last fall are now doubled, only each half the size of the original large bulb I originally planted.....I expected to find the large bulbs with maybe a bulbet or two but is this normal ?.....I attribute their poor performance this year to either lack of nutrients from last summer and/or poor soil and lack of nutrients on my part........SO.....should I give them a rest this summer and replant them in fall or plant them immediately in better soil and see what happens......BTW, I am relatively new at gardening so any advice is appreciated......so far I have been sticking to easy to grow perennials such as bee balm, rubeckia, echinacea etc.......thanks for your time.......Trey

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths