Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rakkyo Coming In

Posted by gardenlad 6b KY (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 27, 06 at 21:34

Looks like I'll have a bumper crop of Rakkyo this year. Just dug one, as a test, and the bulbs already have formed nicely.

Anyway, after two years of bad rains at the wrong time, I have to rebuild my garlic collection. So I'm looking to set up a trade.

What I want in particular are Shvelisi (Chesnook Red), Music, and Xian. But I'm certainly open to other possibilities.

What I'm thinking is that three Rakkyo bulbs per garlic bulb would be about right. But that's open to negotiation, too.

Let me know what all y'all would like to trade.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rakkyo Coming In

I can give you seeds or sets of an heirloom english leek that we think is pretty good. The leaves have a purple sheen to them.

I have no idea what the formal name of this leek is, but it is only passed from gardner to gardner in the UK, as it is not permitted to be sold by seedstores over there. They have very funny rules about what kind of seeds can be sold. In the USA, just about anything can be sold.

o
RE: Rakkyo Coming In

Hi-

It's been a while since I posted here, but I happen to have a good amount of Music. We had an extremely dry spring so they are not as large as last year, but they are a decent size.

Let me know.

Cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here