Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beebiz1960

Need some advice, please...

beebiz1960
13 years ago

Other than knowing how good it is to eat, I know very, very little about garlic!

Long story short and to the point, in April of this year, a friend of mine sent me 3 types of garlic... wild garlic (grows in the wild here in TN) and two types that my friend forgot the names of... long ago. The wild garlic is seeds only. The other two are seeds and cloves. Each variety was put in a plastic, fold over (not zipper type) sandwich bag. And, they were mailed in a bubble wrap envelope.

I completely forgot about the garlic until I found it a couple of hours ago. It was sitting in my computer room behind some other "stuff." And, it was still in the baggies inside the envelope. I took everything out and looked at it.

With the exception of 2 cloves that have 1/4 inch or so sprouts sticking out of the tops, the cloves look and "feel" like they are fine. All of the seeds from the two "other" types of garlic appear to be fine. But, somewhere around 20% to 30% of the wild garlic seeds have rotted! :>(

Going by what I have read on this forum, sometime in the latter part of September would probably be the appropriate time to plant this garlic out. Is that right?

If so, what should I do with this garlic to try and save what I have so I can plant it out in two months?

Or, given the current condition of the wild garlic seeds, should I go ahead and plant them? If so, what should I do with all the other seeds and cloves?

I really wanted this wild garlic more than I wanted the others. But, I don't have a clue as to what to do. So, please help me out! And, being that I'm brand new to growing garlic (haven't grown any... yet), please be nice!

Thank you in advance for any help you all can give me!!

Bee

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!