Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
richdel

Help, looking for some Garlic varieties

richdel
14 years ago

Well, thanks to all the advice I gathered from here over the past 9 months, today I completed the harvest of my garlic. I planted multiple varieties, and had differing levels of success. Simonetti (spelling?) did not make it through the winter! Inchelium Red was almost 100%, although several bulbs were damaged as I left them in the ground to loong and the wrappers were compromised. Those were eaten right away!

Now to my problem. I have been waiting for the wegrowgarlic.com site to list their 2009 crop so I could get the varieties I did not get last year. I did not start last year until almost mid-September, so most places had their inventory picked through. Anyway, I looked this past Sunday and found that Wegrowgarlic had listed their 2009 inventory, and several types I was hoping to purchase were already sold out. Those were Martin's Heirloom and Montana Giant. I did get the other types I was hoping (Music, Pennsylvania Amisg, Spanish Roja) to find. I sent Karen and Mike an email asking if they had extra inventory or if they knew of another grower, they did respond. No to extra inventory and they did point me to another local (to them in Wisconsin) grower. However, the other grower did not have Martin's Heirloom or Montana Giant. So I have been looking through the web, but I thought this might be the best time to stop lurking and introduce myself and ask for some help.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus