Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How/where/when to plant Allium Sphaerocrphalon in Fort Lauderdale

Posted by qtpi1969 9a (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 10:55

I have searched and found a lot of conflicting information on growing Drumstick Alliums in my area.
Can I plant the bulbs this far south, outdoors? Do I have to dig them up at some point and then replant them later? Are they better grown in large pots? Has anyone actually planted them and gotten them to grow successfully? If so, please share how/where/when with me.
Also, are there Alliums more suited/sure growing for south FL than the Drum Stick ones?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How/where/when to plant Allium Sphaerocrphalon in Fort Lauder

I had the book out, so I looked this up in Garden Bulbs for the South by Scott Ogden. He says this species might be okay, but Ft. Lauderdale is so tropical that I wouldn't risk it. Society garlic would do well, tho.

I see there are cheap used copies available of the Ogden book at Amazon, now out of print. Might want to buy one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Bulbs for the South

o
B.Tech College in Delhi NCR,B.Tech College in Haryana,B.Tech Coll

• Posted by iitm 131001 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 25, 14 at 4:19

IITM provide the Best education in B.Tech Course.To get more information regarding admission in B.Tech to visit our site iitmanagement.com

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.iitmanagement.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here