Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glane1219

Garlic trade for shallots?

glane1219
18 years ago

Hi, I know this is not the exchange forum, but there is no shallots listed on there.

Does anyone want to trade me some shallots for Garlic, I have 30 varieties of garlic to trade. I lost my crop of shallots this year except for a very few and cant find any to buy as everyone seems to be sold out.

I would also trade for some Rakkyo onions if anyone is interested.

Hope everyones gardens did good for them this year as my garlic mosstly did great except for 3 varieties.

Gary

Comments (4)

• GreyishThumb
    18 years ago

I don't have any garlic to trade, but I know that Territorial Seed has garlic still available if you're willing to mail order. www.territorial-seed.com

Good luck!
    Hayley

• UncleJohn
    18 years ago

I am planning my garden, and shallots have grabbed my curiosity. I have never eaten them (let alone grown them). I love garlic and onions, and understand that shallots are closer to garlic. I would love a quick primer on growing and cooking with shallots so I can make up my belated mind for this season. On the other hand, there is always next year.

-John

• coho
    18 years ago

I really like them (shallots) However, they tend to be quite small here, it takes a lot of time to peel and the larger ones don't store any time at all. So I am giving up on them.

• hklimsa
    18 years ago

I have potato onions for Garlic send me e-mail if you are interested. thanks

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz