Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bucks_gw

Source

bucks
16 years ago

I am looking for a source for garlic to plant. While my product does not need to be organic, I prefer it. My problem is that I have gone on line and found that the companies that are selling garlic for planting have attached incredible pricing onto their products for people to buy and grow. I guess this is great if you are not trying to resell it, but when I sell to coops at $2-3 per pound and I see the stuff listed at the cheapest price of $6 per pound in bulk purchases,it makes me wonder how do they expect me to turn a profit when all is said and done. I went down to a local wholsale warehouse and I could pick up 30 pound boxes for $1.13 per pound. There were only two problems; one that it was hardneck and I want softneck in the Southwest here, and it came from China! I am sorry I just cannot support Chinese farmers under a communist nation. I am not getting on my high horse, but I have just seen too many jobs lost in our economy and feel we need to support American products, including our agriculture. Yes this means i will pay more, but not twice what I sell it for myself. I would save me own seed, but I find that the heat here does not allow for a good regermination of saved seed, and my results are not up to par.

Comments (2)