Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
new2gardenfl

Egyptian Walking Onions

new2gardenfl
18 years ago

Does anyone know of a good source for Egyptian Walking Onions. I would like to plant some in my garden this fall and haven't seen any available locally.

Comments (5)

• micropropagator
    18 years ago

i have grown therm since 1940. what can you trade?
    Harold Eddleman

• new2gardenfl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Harold! I have to look over my seeds and see what I have that may peak your interest. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

• new2gardenfl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Harold! I have to look over my seeds and see what I have that may peak your interest. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

• hklimsa
    18 years ago

This is for Harold, how about exchanging egyption walking onions for my potato onions, I have lots of it. send me e-mail if you are interested.

• new2gardenfl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Harold:
    Thanks for the offer of the trade. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I tried to send you an email, but it didn't work.
    I don't have anything as nice as the egyptian onions for trade. What I do have is a bunch of partial seed packets. Many are heirloom varieties. I don't have many of each type of seed since the seed companies aren't as generous as they once were. I will list some of what I have and you can tell me which ones you would like. Also, if you would like me to pay the postage for the onions, since it will be more costly than seeds, just let me know.
    Here is a partial list:
    Copenhagen Market Early Cabbage
    Bloomsdale, Long Standing Spinach
    Pak Choy, great for stir fries and you can start harvesting leaves in just a few weeks.
    Brandywine Tomato
    Big Rainbow Tomato
    Money Maker Tomato
    Green Zebra Tomato
    Buran Red Pepper
    Orange Bell Pepper
    Crimson Forest Bunching Onions
    Onion, Yellow Storge New York Early OG
    Varigated Collards
    Alma Pepper (dry & grind to make paprika, I saved this seed and it may be crossed with another pepper)
    Jimmy Nardelo's Sweet Italian Frying Pepper
    Moon and Stars Watermelon
    Lemon Cucumber
    Black Beauty Eggplant
    Clemson Spineless Okra
    French Breakfast Radish
    Mustard, Florida Broad Leaf
    Asparagus Bean, Yardlong
    Hyacinth Bean, White Flower
    Yellow Crookneck Squash
    Thelma Sanders Sweet Potato Squash
    Buttercup Squash