Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another good online garlic guide

Posted by UncleJohn z4 NH (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 19, 05 at 21:41

I stumbled on an exceptional guide for many aspects of garlic by UCSC. It ended up as an eight page pdf document when I archived it.

http://socialsciences.ucsc.edu/casfs/gardenideas/garlic.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another good online garlic guide

That is a good guide. I am supposed to plant garlic tonight at our community garden and it has made me rethink what I am going to plant. I will have to stop at home and get some bigger cloves than I planned on using, and maybe less hardneck variety. We grow veggies for a low income free restaurant and sometimes my volunteers pick things before they are truely ripe or ready. I try hard to never complain or criticize them, am so happy to get help, but sometimes inside I am thinking "OH NO". This will be the first year for garlic at this garden.

o

The restaurant and garden sound like great projects/institutions. I would be interested in hearing more about them.

o

I work for one of the larger companies in town. They own a large lot next to our building that used to be full of weeds and garbage. We have converted it into a garden and donate the food we grow to a low income free restaurant. Usually one or two times a week I go out on my lunch hour, ocasionally will spend a few hours after work out there. It can sometimes be overwelming cause we don't ever seem to have enough people to help, but it is for a great cause, I think. I keep hearing how low income people cannot afford vegetables, this is my way of helping.

o

Another useful online resource:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/vegetable/cropguides/garlic.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here