Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on allium planting temperature

Posted by Cheah_yee Malaysia (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 05 at 6:30

Hello ! I am Cheah from Malaysia. Can anyone pls advice wether allium bulb can be grow in Malaysia hot tropical climate. This is because I planned to order some.If it will not work in tropical, I won't spend the cash on it. Previously, I had tried to grow some tulips but failed, but I have luck with amaryllis. Pls advice . Thanks in advance !
Cheah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on allium planting temperature

Cheah,
I would certainly would try at least one bulb! You can create your won climate enviorment by using shade and mositure. If you are going to plant a Heuchera or (Coral Bells), I would put it into a shaded area, full shade in the late afternoon and dapple shade in the morning.

Did you know that plants have two legs! Yap, you provide the legs so if it doesn't work in one area of your garden try another! Gardening is the joy of planting and having fun doing it!
Good Luck

o
RE: Just an Idea

Hi Cheah

Steve Mckinney here I wrote you this morning and your email remined me it is time to do some allium trading. thats how I found your message. I have been thinking about your situation. Would you concider refrigeration for pan bulbs? if you have not heard of this it is where you grow the alliums in clay pots in the garden threw there growing season which would be your coolest time of year then after they have set seed cut them down and pull the pots out and put them in a very cool basement or refrigerator 40deg. its just an Idea that some of us do occasionally. I will tell you what I have some exstra alliums I can send you if you pay postage. or better yet I grow tropicals I will take a look at your list for a trade, because I have some really nice stuff you might like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here