Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nematodes

Posted by TinSB z9 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 05 at 10:31

I just pulled up my pathetic tomatoes and found I have nematodes for the first time in years.

Is garlic affected by nematodes? Can I plant my garlic in that plot?

Thanks!

~Thalia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nematodes

You might be able to. There are many nematode species and they don't all affect the same thing.

Damage to onion and garlic has been observed by nematodes, but results have been mixed with some tests showing little to no damage and others showing major damage/stunting.

About all you can do is take a soil sample and send it to a lab for analysis to identify what nematode you have as a predictor of whether it will affect garlic. I don't know what this analysis costs, you might check with your extension agency to see if they have any info or if they do this analysis or simply if they know what crops are damaged by your area's nematode population.

o
RE: Nematodes

Thanks, I'll check with extension.

~Thalia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here