Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bloosquall

do not buy from.....

bloosquall
15 years ago

Hi fellow garlic growers and lovers. I found these guys on Ebay, said they had some nice German White and would sell it direct. I sent them a check and a couple weeks later I got my box of bulbs.

it was by far the worst stuff I've ever received from a "grower" I took pictures of 5 of them to show the damaged, dented, gouged and rotten bulbs and sent it to them. They said oh i'm sorry we don't know anything about damaged bulbs and it must have happened during shipping. I asked for 2 pounds of cloves to make up for the 7 bulbs I had to toss out due to severe mold. I have not heard back from them in a month.

DO NOT BUY FROM www.garysgarlic.com

I wish I could post the pictures on here for all to see what kind of stuff they're selling.

I have purchased a lot from Carl in Montana and Karen in WI. Both of them are great growers that sell quality bulbs.

I hope this post shows up in a search when somebody searches for them.

Comments (9)

• bloosquall
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is a link to the photo gallery to see the picture of these bulbs.

Here is a link that might be useful: garysgarlic junk

• kr222
    15 years ago

THAT happened in shipping. Yeah right. You probably saved some people a lot of money by sharing your experience with this garysgarlic site. Thanks.

• zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
    15 years ago

Yeah, the shippers dug the bulbs too late. ;-)

• TJG911
    15 years ago

i aways tell people to buy in person at a farmers market or farm. do not buy from a catalog or heaven forbid ebay! catalogs charge way too much and buying it locally is much cheaper. it also allows you to see it and you know it is localized for your location too.

tom

• garliclady
    15 years ago

localharvest.org is a great place to find farms in your area that have garlic . Small farms , local , and less $$ than the large companies that resale. I also have saved on MY Farvorites over 30 garlic farms that are on the web If you are looking for one that is near you let me know. I don't have time right now to make a list of all of them with links maybe this winter.

• kristincarol
    15 years ago

I sold 20 lb. this year by posting an ad on Craig's List. I offered it for the same price as was sold for at our farmer's market which was $6.00/lb and people were happy to pay that price (as they should be.)

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Newbies like me could really be taken advantage of!

We have alot of farmers markets here in NH but I have never found anyone who grows garlic in large quantities. I had a great buying experience with Bloomsqualls Garlic Farm. I planted my cloves this weekend and can't wait to see what I get next year.

• bloosquall
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Suzanne,

Thank you for the compliment. If there had been anything at all wrong with the bulbs I sent you I would have given you a complete refund plus replacement bulbs. I sold to a few folks from Garden Web this year. I hope all goes well.

GarlicLady, next year I'll have to buy something from you so I can add ya'll to my list of fav's. Local harvest is a good idea...I'm the only specialty grower with in 100 miles and have never gotten a call from anybody seing my listing on there. Garlic isn't real big aroud here I guess.

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Travis,

I got all of mine planed and they all looked great going into the ground. I cannot wait!

I saved a few cloves from the varieties you sent me and I am really enjoying tasting the differences. I have to say that Spanish Roja and Khabar (sp) are my favorites! I have yet to try all of them however.

I noticed you are ISO giant Spanish Roja! I hope you find it so I can buy some from you.

Sponsored