Return to the Allium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to get garlic by the bulb?

Posted by kr222 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 7, 08 at 11:30

There are a few types of garlic that I would really like to try based on reviews posted.

German Extra-Hardy
Chesnok Red
Spanish Roja
Bogatyr
Pennsylvania Dutch
Purple Italian Easy Peel

I've never grown garlic before and would like to try different varieties to see what I like best. The thing is I don't want to purchase a half pound of bulbs for each one. Do you know of any place I could order by the bulb instead?

Thanks,
Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to get garlic by the bulb?

Hi Kim,

You can buy single bulbs of garlic from Karen & Mike at this site:

http://wegrowgarlic.com/301.html

Great quality, good prices, and nice people.

TomNJ

o

I checked out the site. They have tons of cultivars that I want. The prices seem reasonable too. Unfortunately, all the ones I want are sold out. Does anyone know of anyone else that may still have some for this season? Thank for your help.

o

It's getting late enough in the season that most commercial suppliers have likely run out of their best stuff.

I can probably hook you up with some Chesnok Red and Spanish Roja if you're interested. I also grow German Extra Hardy, but mine didn't do very well this year, so I'm planning to replant my entire harvest of that variety.

I might also be able to spare a bulb of Killarney Red.

I saw on another post that you've got some Music. If you've got any extra, I'd be happy to do a swap.

o

gardenguyvt,
I'd be willing to do a swap if you think it's worth it. I just got my 3 Music garlic bulbs in the mail. I'd be willing to trade one for a bulb of Killarney Red. Other sites say it can handle wet conditions a bit better than others. It might work well here. Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Kim

o

Kim, send Karen a note asking her is she has anything at all left of the varieties you want, I'd bet she has a few of most everyting still in the storage room. Karen and Mike are great folks.

o

Bloosquall,
Thanks for the tip. I'll e-mail and see what they say.

o

I have a number of varieties and amounts of nice sized bulbs 1 3/4-2 1/2",call for more details. 1.360.482.4948
BILL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Allium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here