Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
s_p8987

Did I get ripped off for Allium 'Gladiator' bought on clearance?

s_p8987
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and to Gladiators. I bought two 'Gladiator' bulbs on clearance from Van Bourgondien and I recieved them today, but I am a little concerned.

They are two different shapes - one taller, one shorter and rounder. They are supposed to be 18-20 cm, but when I measured the circumference, they are morel ike 14-16 cm. Should I bother with returning them? I only paid like $3.00 for both of them.

Will they get bigger next year (the bulbs). Like, If i plant them this year and care for them well, will the bulbs increase to their normal 18-20 cm next year? They don't seem big enough to make the flower I see in all the pictures

Also, notice how the taller one looks like it was cut in half, but I think maybe it had split into two, and I got one half. The other is shorter and so I'm not even sure it is the same cultivar/species of Allium - what do you think?

Also, which end is the top? There is a strange substance on the sides of the taller one, can you see it in the picture? It's not wet or anything - its just there.

I've never grown Alliums before, so any advice would be appreciated!!

{{gwi:33153}}

{{gwi:33154}}

{{gwi:33155}}

{{gwi:33156}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals