Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patrick_nh

WANTED: Sempervivums named varieties

patrick_nh
20 years ago

I am mostly dome trading for the year, but I do have a few named semps left to trade, preferably for other named semps, but I may be interested in a few others from my list. Have S arachnoideum 'Cobweb', a small semp that I bought as 'Small Green', and Jovibarba arenaria 'Red & Green'. I'm interested in large semps, or bright colors and patterns. Don't care for most Jovibarba.

Comments (6)

• patrick_nh
    Original Author
    20 years ago

These are still available, and the ground is still workable here if there are any semp traders out there.

• mareas
    20 years ago

Patrick, I vote that we get a Spring Nationwide Semp Swap going. I know there must be at least a dozen semp collectors out there who would join us!
    This method worked just beautifully for a bulb swap I participated in:
    Everyone involved sent a $2.00 postage box full to the same person along with $2.00 for postage, then she sorted all the boxes and mailed all of us a box of our most wanted bulbs + extras in return.
    Let's do something like this with semps?
    I'd be willing to co-ordinate the dividing up & tending of cultivars and mailing the swaps back according to wish lists, just for something to do after work and the chance of a chick or two falling out (just kidding!), I mean just for the chance of a precious new semp trade landing here!

• patrick_nh
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Mareas, the Semp Swap sounds like a great idea. I'm in. I like the central distribution format also. Prevents anyone from getting stiffed.

Since you're volunteering to organize it, you get to make the rules on how it works. I agree that branching out to allow additional types of plants may be a slippery slope to be careful of. Personally, I'm mainly interested in semps (for this swap), but a sedum or two couldn't hurt either, as long as the original intent of swappping semps is maintained.

How can I help?

• patrick_nh
    Original Author
    20 years ago

No one else interested in a spring semp swap? (Say that three time fast!)

• mareas
    20 years ago

Spring Semp Swap! My plants are all awake and growing purple and red and watercolored - it is getting time!

• patrick_nh
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Mine aren't quite awake and growing yet, but the snow has finally left, and they're accessable enough to start trading. When do we start?

Sponsored