|I just bought 200 edelweiss seeds and I need to know how to grow them out of a pot so I can have them in my house.
-Should I plant all 200 seeds in the same pot?
|Germination is easy. Sow on the surface and keep at around 50F. Don't allow the surface of the soil to dry out until after the seeds have germinated. Either spray regularly or keep covered with glass or plastic. |
200 seeds would be more than enough for a large seedtray, just 5 or 10 in a pot. You could even just sow three and kill any more than one that come up, if you only want a single plant.
Good light is important, full sun is good if you keep the plants cool.
Hmmm .... I just see that you are in the desert, not a good place for this plant. It will probably need to grow indoors in an air-conditioned room and even then might not be too happy. Maybe an east window so it is protected from sun in the afternoon but still has bright light. Maybe you will just grow it as a winter annual?
Return to the Alpines & Rock Gardens Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here