|I just bought 200 edelweiss seeds and I need to know how to grow them out of a pot so I can have them in my house.
-Should I plant all 200 seeds in the same pot?
|Germination is easy. Sow on the surface and keep at around 50F. Don't allow the surface of the soil to dry out until after the seeds have germinated. Either spray regularly or keep covered with glass or plastic. |
200 seeds would be more than enough for a large seedtray, just 5 or 10 in a pot. You could even just sow three and kill any more than one that come up, if you only want a single plant.
Good light is important, full sun is good if you keep the plants cool.
Hmmm .... I just see that you are in the desert, not a good place for this plant. It will probably need to grow indoors in an air-conditioned room and even then might not be too happy. Maybe an east window so it is protected from sun in the afternoon but still has bright light. Maybe you will just grow it as a winter annual?
Return to the Alpines & Rock Gardens Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.