Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tgodlove

mailing address for NARGS seed ex?

tgodlove
18 years ago

Hoping somebody can post this or send it to me.

Thanks.

Terry

Comment (1)

• leftwood
    18 years ago

You can't send to get into the seed exchange. You become a member of the national organization (not a local chapter). Seed exchange materials will then be sent to you automatically. But being that they have already sent them out this season, you may want to make sure (this time) that they won't forget. If you already know you want to join ($35 a year), you can do it here. If you would like to peruse the NARGS web site(I recommend it), their home page is NARGS.org.

This year there are 4500 different types of plant seed in the exchange to choose from. Packets are $12.50 for 25 packets. And remember that seeds are donated by members. Often there is not enough of the popular seed to go fill demand. Seed donators get first pick, and then it's first come first serve after that. I usually get about half of my first picks. There are no guarantees, so you'll need to be very quick about joining and ordering. Closing date for them to receive your order is Feb 10.

I am giving you this little "primer" because last year we had a woman who didn't read her seed exchange literature. She became quite angry when things didn't go as she expected. The NARGS non-profit organization immediately offered to refund both her membership and seed exchange fee even though they did nothing wrong, but that didn't satisfy her. So I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into first.

And there are lots of other benefits to being a member besides the seed exchange. Do check it out.

Rick

Sponsored