Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yellow_bear_1

Mertensia primuloides

yellow_bear_1
19 years ago

Does anyone know of a source for Mertensia primuloides? Evermay Nursery in Maine carried it last year. I snoozed and I lost. Didn't order it then and they are now out of stock. This is a beautiful blue flowering plant that should be hardy for us here in the Black Hills. If anyone has any information I would sure appreciate it. Thanks. Tom

Comments (4)

• GardenChicken
    19 years ago

Beaver Creek Greenhouse lists them...

Here is a link that might be useful: Beaver Creek Greenhouse

• yellow_bear_1
    Original Author
    19 years ago

GardenChicken! Thank you for pointing me to this nursery. Wow and double wow! What a selection and they even zone the plants. Have you ordered from them before? I'm a bit daunted by the $50 minimum but I see already at least $140 worth of plants to start with. YIKES. But thanks again. If we don't order too late we should finally have the primuloides. I did get a reply from Evermay Nursery that they hope to have seed for it soon along with some other varieties of Mertensia, so we'll keep track of them, too, for next years offerings.
    Tom

• GardenChicken
    19 years ago

Glad to help(?)! :)
    No, I have not ordered from them but the owner did give a talk on growing alpines at our local alpine gardening chapter meeting a while back. He is a very down to earth and knowlegable gentleman. I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of their plants. The only downside is they do not offer tours of their greenhouse!

Hope it works out for you!

~GardenChicken

• sagebrushred
    19 years ago

Yellow Bear I ordered plants from Beaver Creek this fall and was extremely impressed with their plants and packaging. Their plants were healthy and of good size and their packaging job was the best I've ever seen. This was my first order and I can guarantee it won't be my last.

Sponsored