Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vegangirl_gw

Sowing specifics for Codonopsis vinciflora

vegangirl
19 years ago

I haven't been able to find anything on this one via Google. does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (4)

• grandmasgarden
    19 years ago

HI Vegangirl, I looked in Deno's book and he doesn't list this species, but does list 3 other species of Codonopsis and they all germinated within 3 weeks at 70 deg. For C. virdis 3 months at 40 deg was fatal. This was of course with GA3 treatment--so it might take longer without.
    Tommie

• vegangirl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks Tommie! I guess I'm going to have to study up on the GA stuff. I read the article about it on Jim Almond's website. Where can I get this GA? If I could find out where this species is native to, that may give a clue as to the treatment it needs too.

• grandmasgarden
    19 years ago

I found mine on eBay-- but there were a couple other sources listed on the NARGS thread, Sagebrushred gets it from JL Hudson and Gardenchicken listed a Canadian source. It is inexpensive and while I am not too well aquainted with it-- it definately expands the possibilities available to the "enthusiast" . Of course in my case, fanatic would be a more apt term LOL.
    Tommie

• vegangirl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

LOL! i know what you mean!

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor