Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fleurgirl1

pictures of your rock gardens

fleurgirl1
19 years ago

I have a corner area that is built up with dirt and rock and am looking for some design ideas. I would love to see any pictures of interesting rock gardens (especially something with height).

thanks so much!

Comments (5)

• botann
    19 years ago

Here is part of one of mine. The picture was taken in mid spring. Rock gardens can look good in the winter also, but in Buffalo where you live, the garden is probably buried in snow then. I have to trim back some plants to keep the view of the rocks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock garden

• kerstin_swe
    19 years ago

the stream also leads to a pond

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:369806}}

• nagamaki
    19 years ago

Hi, sounds ideal for perhaps a terraced or straight rockwall-garden.

Even buried in snow in our neck of the woods this type of garden brings much enjoyment during the winter months, with a snow and rock scape/sculpture.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden 04

• enchantedplace
    19 years ago

Here is ours. EP

Here is a link that might be useful: garden link

• brittmccary
    19 years ago

You will find my start on a rockgarden, mostly at the photoalbum at my page.

I have a LOT of questions. The Layout of my garden is pretty much given by the terrain itself. Very steep, so I have had to terrace it. And since it's a true mountain side, there are rocks that will not be moved, - I had to work around them.

I'm planting grass and moss, inch by inch. Read about the buttermilk/moss shake, and might try that if the moss I'm planting doesn't "take". I'm trying to establish moss kinds that I think will grow in the different areas. Moss that seems to thrive in sun, - goes in the most sunny spots, while I'm gathering moss that likes wet environment goes down between the rocks in the creek area.

Since this is the first season, I really don't know what will grow - and where. So this is, like it is for you, a BIG experiment. :)

I will post a message asking for more concrete advice; since I'd like a multi purpose garden. Herbs, veggies and parennials. But that's another story. :)

Britt

Here is a link that might be useful: Mountain garden

Sponsored