Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newgars

Wholesale source for Alpines

newgars
18 years ago

Any suggestions for a wholesale source for a retail greenhouse interested in sales ready size plants?

Comments (5)

• divinesage24
    18 years ago

I don't know if this company does wholesale but Rice Creek Gardens in Blaine,MN has alot of neat plants.

It is worth the drive out there. I bought some Delosperma nubigenum plants from them and from the looks of it one of my plants is half dead but for some reason my other plant has all the same foliage and it hasnt died back. Delosperma by the way is native to South Africa but in the mountains there which explains why it can survive Minnesota winters.

I dont know where you are located in Wisconsin but if you really love alpine plants I would make the drive there. They even have alpines native to the Western US like alpine yarrows and Alpine Artemisias.

Let me know what you think ok?

• denyse12
    18 years ago

You can contact Beaver Creek Greenhouses in B.C.Canada. They also have a Company sending from a western U.S.A State.

www.rockgardenplants.com/ Roger Barlow is the owner and the quality of their plants is outstanding.
    Good Luck
    Denyse

Here is a link that might be useful: Beaver Creek Greenhouses

• yellow_bear_1
    17 years ago

Arrowhead Alpines in Michigan also does some wholesale to retail outlets. ARROWHEAD-ALPINES.com
    I've bought plants from both Beaver Creek and Arrowhead Alpines and gotten great and interesting plants in good condition.
    Tom

• milwdave
    17 years ago

You might try The Flower Factory in Stoughton, WI...just south of Madison. They do carry some alpine type plants. Their gardens are a 'must see'!

Dave
    Franklin, WI

• leftwood
    17 years ago

If you go to Rice Creek, better make it this season - and the earlier the better. They are moving to Spring Grove, MN near the Iowa border this fall. I am sure it will take a while before they are up and running full speed again.

Actually, I hear they will continue to sell plants retail from one of the co-owner's house in Fridley (Minneapolis). But obviously a MUCH smaller selection.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?