Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheltieche

Got a word...seedlist is coming...

sheltieche
15 years ago

just got a word - second round of NARGS seed exchange is coming....blank is being sent this Thursday... yeah... so excited...and I though I am done with seeds for this year...

Comments (2)

• leftwood
    15 years ago

The number of first round seed orders was significantly down this year, and the selection in the second round is great!

I may have went a bit overboard,since they increased the maximum orderable to 100 - this time only. (That's what I ordered!) But at 25 cents a packet, who can pass it up? Some will go straight into the frig or freezer, depending, for next season.

Now we'll see what I actually get . . .

Also this year only, you only need to be a Chapter member to be able to order in the second round; you don't need to be a member of the national organization. Instructions are on the nargs site.

• razorback33
    15 years ago

I had a feeling that the orders were significantly lower this year, when I received more than 90% of the first choice seed during the 1st round. It's usually in the 40-60% range.
    When I received the 2nd round list, I was amazed at the rare and choice seed that were still available!
    Like you, leftwood, I went overboard and ordered 100 packs.
    Thankfully, I was able to plant the ones from the 1st round, except the ones that require cold stratification and they are in the fridge.
    I wonder why there is less interest in growing plants from seed this year? I have also heard that membership is declining. That is true for many of the Societies that I am a member of and even the garden clubs. What interests people today, anyway?
    Many people my age, are beset with health and mobility problems, but so am I. But that doesn't affect my passion for plants and gardening!
    Rb