Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veggiegarden_gw

Need Ideas for Postage Size Rock Garden/woodland plot

veggiegarden
17 years ago

Could someone offer suggestions on plants to use in a sunny area approx. 8x9 feet which I have attempted to arrange as a rock garden. It is not a true rock garden as it is in regular soil. I have made a circle of large rocks in the center and have ornamental grass inside the circle. Below the circle I have various succulents similar to Hens and Chicks. I want to change this arrangement for a woodland theme with mostly large rocks with miniature yews (?) dispersed within... maybe a tiny japenese maple. Everything has to be low. I find the succulent too boring and too low. I do have one boxwood type of plant about 6 inches tall and one miniature evergree which is narrow and about 1 ft. tall. I saw something similar with a lot of what looks like spreadying low lying evergreens but I don't know their names. Any ideas?

Comments (2)

• robin303
    17 years ago

Dwarf Junipers maybe. I bought some at Homer.

• PRO
    Catrina's Garden
    17 years ago

Check out some of the creeping veronicas, they form low matts, but then send up nice spikes of flowers. They are easy to grow in "standard" soil and are one of the few that have done well in the north for me.
    Catrina

Sponsored