Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mareas_gw

My 'Tiger Striped Purples' died!!

mareas
20 years ago

And besides the fact that I loved them and mourned their loss to root rot in the blazing heat of summer, I could trade or sell them twice a day, every day. I have one chick bravely growing to replace them; if it is a successful plant, or I can find more, I will share! And regarding finding more - please see my post in exchanges - SPRING SEMP SWAP!

Comments (2)

• xanadu
    20 years ago

That is terrible! It is such a lovely semp and as soon as I had enough to trade, you were going to hear from me. I lost close to twenty (none as beautiful as the Tiger Striped Purple) my first year trying to grow them in the 100+ heat here. I finally have a system down and lost none last summer, though it does work best for me to plant new ones in the fall.

Don't semps look beautiful in spring? With our recent warm weather the reds and mahogonys have popped out. The crystalline shimmer on some of them fascinates me.

• mareas
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Xanadu - There is still hope! "It is a dark and stormy night, and off on a lone rock, illuminated briefly by a lightning bolt, a lonely sempervivum chick grows...."

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner