Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garliclover

Squaw Mountain Gardens Shipment

garliclover
20 years ago

I received a fun package today. I ordered the Semp/Sedum Collection from Squaw Mountain Gardens which contains 9 Semps & Jovibarba, 3 Sedums for $25. I was impressed with their promptness, nice packaging and great looking plants. For most of the semps they included ones with many offsets. Here's a couple pics:

{{gwi:370287}}

{{gwi:370288}}

Later!

-Chad

Comments (17)

• robert
    20 years ago

It's great to hear good news about a business that gives value for money. I've met the owner and know that he's a real enthusiast. One of the advantages of these plants is that they can be transported with dry roots and still thrive on arrival.

• petsitterbarb
    20 years ago

I got my Squaw Mountain order the same day you did, Chad.
    It's my second order from them, and I was pleased, as well.
    It's so nice to be able to get on Gardenweb and do some "homework" to learn where the good sources are for plants, as well as learning more about the plants themselves!

• redblossom40
    20 years ago

Those plants look great. do they have a web site? If so could I get it. We don't really have any good sources here. Thanks

• Mitsy
    20 years ago

Count me in! I was very pleased with my recent shipment, as well!

Their addy is:

http://www.squawmountaingardens.com

Also another company I've had great results with is Mountain Crest Gardens--they send plants with an established root system, which I like.

http://www.mc-garden-gifts.com

• redblossom40
    20 years ago

Thanks Mitsy, I can't wait to start getting plants from them. Thanks again for the web site infor.

• snuffyj
    19 years ago

Hi!
    I just got my Super Semp shipment from Squaw Mountain, too! It was fun opening up all the little bags. I ordered these a month ago and asked them to ship them on April 20, and they arrived April 22! Can anyone tell me if it is okay to put them in the ground here now? We are having nights at about 35 - 40 degrees with 60 degree days. From everything I have read these plants can take a light frost. I have a nice area that I have mixed with sand and decorative rocks that I would like to plant them in. Thanks for the info!

• sueshells
    19 years ago

I've had an online conversation with them too and am very tempted to buy some plants to be shipped to the UK. Just need to make sure I get ones which aren't already available here!

• ning
    18 years ago

I also got a delightful shipment with all specimens arriving in peak condition - very happy with them -

• milwdave
    18 years ago

I've received my first order from Squaw Mountain this spring, as well. They're an awesome company to deal with and they can count me as a repeat customer.

Dave
    Milwaukee
    zone 5.....ish

• plantermunn
    18 years ago

I ordered ten from them and was very happy too.

Its been about 3 weeks and they are realy starting to grow.

I will be ordering from them again.

Now where can I order different colored columbine? I have blue, yellow, pink and native. The Native has not bloomed yet.

There was a white one at the plant store. I should have bought it then.

• mollyjenning
    18 years ago

I ordered from them for the first time about a month ago---not only did the shipment arrive on the day I requested, but the plants seemed to be packed with so much love! They arrived to CT in perfect shape---This is a great company, definitely one of my best mail order experiences.

• chloeasha
    18 years ago

Another happy customer chimes in. i got my order yesterday and wow! The plants look fantastic.

• mareas
    18 years ago

i have ordered and received 7 orders from Sq Mtn and have been absolutely delighted every time!!

• eden_in_me
    18 years ago

I was very pleased with my order of 16 sedums and want to order about as many others again, but not sure where I will put them all.

• plantermunn
    18 years ago

I have placed another order with Squaw Mountain. I am makeing a raised bed just for seedums and Semps. I am gonna start my owne chicken farm lol.

• friesfan1
    18 years ago

Hi,
    I bought several variety of hen & chicks last year.
    I may have lost one due to winter conditions, but they
    are starting to green up now.
    Squwmountain is a place I would definately shop again.
    Mary

• friesfan1
    17 years ago

I just placed an order with Squaw Mountain yesterday. I
    expect them sometime next week. I also bought several
    varieties last year, loosing just one to winter kill.

Can't wait to see my shipment next week!
    mary z5b

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022