Return to the Alpines & Rock Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for plants in RI/CT/MA?

Posted by bill_ri_z6b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 11, 11 at 10:19

I'm wondering if anyone knows of some sources for alpine, rock garden or xeric plants in the Rhode Island or Southeast New England area. Currently under construction but soon will have many crevices to fill between large boulders, mostly in full sun. Any info would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for plants in RI/CT/MA?

You might join the local chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society, and go to their plant sales. Certainly cheaper plants, and you don't have to wonder if they will grow in your climate.

Berkshire Chapter

Connecticut Chapter

You might also want to peruse the National organization's site and look at its membership benefits.

NARGS.org

Rick

o

The Farmer's Daughter in South Kingstown RI has a great (to me, at least!) selection of alpines and cold-hardy succulents (sedums, sempervivums, etc- it's a lovely nursery too, just to stroll around!
:)
Lexi

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmer's Daughter Alpines page, but look at their other photos!

o

Sylvan Nursery, In Westport MA, near Horseneck Beach, is a very large (350 acres total with farms included) nursery. Check them out with the link below. They are mostly wholesale, but they will let you sign in and buy retail...at retail prices. Their retail prices are listed online.

See if they list what you want and you could call to make sure they have it or something similar. I have never NOT found what I was looking for there.

Jon

Here is a link that might be useful: Sylvan nursery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alpines & Rock Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here