Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indianaplantlover

Will this work

indianaplantlover
14 years ago

I am truly new at this. I absolutely love rock. When friends or relatives travel the world they bring me rocks instead of souveniers. I have lots of nice size beautiful rocks from all over the country. I want to use them in my yard. Now, can I just make a pile of dirt, cover it with sand, place my rocks in a way I like to see them and plant some hen and chicks in between them? It seems to easy but I work 2 jobs and don't get lots of time in the yard to work. If this won't work can you please tell me the easiest way to display my beautiful rocks.Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment (1)

• lantanascape
    14 years ago

I would think about getting some larger rocks to make a "foundation". Otherwise when you water, the soil will run down off the mound. I am guessing that most of your specimen rocks are smaller, and you wouldn't want them covered with soil, anyway.

Here is a photo of my rock garden, to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. It will take awhile for hens and chicks to fill in. You might consider adding some other plants such as thyme (which also smells great) to help hold it all together.
    {{gwi:370586}}