Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rinomanfroni

Can you name the rock garden plants in this picture?

rinomanfroni
12 years ago

Hello,

we are planning on creating a rock garden in front of the new house we just purchased. I came with the idea of making something similar to this picture. Can you please name the plants that are in the picture and also if they are perennials? (I would prefer to have perennials). Can you also tell me if these plants are suitable for a south-facing yard in north Texas (Dallas area)?

Thanks!

Rino

{{gwi:371025}}

Comments (2)

• leftwood
    12 years ago

Except for the spreading juniper of some sort behind the rock garden, there isn't enough detail to say what any of them are. It would help if you would tell us where the pic was taken as well, besides closer up pics.

• mytime
    12 years ago

As Leftwood said, very difficult to tell. I do think there might be some Artemisia schmidtiana (silver mound) in there, but I'm not sure. Instead of trying to choose the same plants as the picture, I would suggest that you go to the library, a bookstore, or a home improvement store and look at books and/or magazines with rock garden pictures--they will list the plants in the garden, and often will have a list somewhere in the book detailing zone, sun and moisture requirements.

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County