and here's three new ones planted in my cinderblock garden

{{gwi:371120}}
{{gwi:371121}}
{{gwi:371122}}
Kathy

Comments (5)

• xanadu
    19 years ago

How lovely, I'm so glad you shared. Do you have names for the three in your cinderblock garden?

• Bostonian
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks for looking. I use to keep notes but things would die and things would move and for whatever reason the names don't stick with me like with roses so now I no longer bother and just enjoy my nameless beauties. I'm aspiring to have a nice collection which will drive most crazy because I won't know any of the names.

Kathy

• marquest
    19 years ago

Kathy, you have a nice display. I know how you feel about keepng up with the names I tried and it started to be too much work. I just wanted a garden I did not like the names sticking up. It looked like a garden store and not a garden. So I pulled them out. I just will not trade.

• xanadu
    19 years ago

Hmm, I wonder if people want named varieties simply to ensure that they don't get something they already have or to be able to purchase it from a vendor. Wanting to find a vendor is the source of my question, since I don't have either the sedum or the sempervivum in your pictures and I like them. I know that I have at least a dozen unnamed semps, all slightly to very different, along with all of the named ones. The named are no better or worse or unusual than the unnamed. The only reason I keep track of names is so that I can trade for more. The other problem with names is that they get mixed up so easily and innocently. Even vendors have this problem (speaking as someone who just got misnamed Bletilla from a much-praised bulb vendor).

• Bostonian
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm pretty sure I purchased the three new ones at Avant Gardens. It's possible one was purchased at Allen Haskells. I did purchase three non-hardy ones at Allen Haskells
    {{gwi:371123}}

I've never traded so I'll probably be kicking myself later for not keeping the names/labels.
    Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Avant Gardens

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022