Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faydom

weeds again!

faydom
19 years ago

Moved in with my daughter who has a rock garden. She has let it go for about 2 years. I decided to bring it back as she does have some pretty plants in the garden. However, it is a daily chore to pick weeds. At first, I wasn't sure what was weeds or plants, I had to wait till they matured. She has a lot of clover and crab grass plus some other weeds that spread quickly. Any ideas on what to safely use without harming the good plants? Would wood chips help. I'm not crazy about weed killers. Thanks, Faye

Comment (1)

• bogturtle
    19 years ago

Lots of suggestions are for rock chips. I have gradually buried the rather small rocks somehow, and wood chips would help do that. I thing rock chips might help maintain the appearance I like. Often, when I am trying to plant another plant, I resurrect rocks. I have to lay a bamboo pole down and weed everything to the left or rt. and then move it a foot, for several days. This is because i cannot do it all at once. i don't have the patience. I can look with satisfaction at the yard wide area just weeded and it encourages me to go on. I have to do this 2x each summer.
    I hope someone has a better solution as I will not use weed killers and dislike insect repellents. The job involves blood donation on my part.

Sponsored