Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tuanh_gw

picture of my sink + tropical garden....

tuanh
19 years ago

i just posted some pics of my sink and tropical look garden, all of my semp- are in the cement sink i build just fore them. please look in my home page for link or

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tuangardener/album?.dir=/3647

Comments (4)

• enchantedplace
    19 years ago

I especially like the containers. Am trying something similar using an old bird bath basin on a stump. We have similar things blooming too. Thanks. putting your link below. EP

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• kim31kim
    19 years ago

The sink looks great! Where did you get it?

• alanrocks
    19 years ago

Very good pictures! I've got lots of photos, but haven't tried to figure out how to post them on the web yet.

I've thought about using some old wash tubs and a watering can that are from the 1940's - 50's for container gardens, but I can't bring myself to punch drainholes in them. We have such a mosquito problem, I don't want to have any standing water.

Last year I put a yellow Japanese iris and charophyte algae (sometimes called stonewort algae) in the bird bath. I also put tadpoles and snails in it. They eventually turned in to tiny toads (the tadpoles, not the snails). I haven't been to the local quarry to find more algae and tadpoles, but maybe sometime this month...

• tuanh
    Original Author
    19 years ago

thanks every one, i build the sinks by using concrete, and class1&2 cement for finish coat which prevent the sink from cracking in winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: my garden pics

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!