Return to the Alpines & Rock Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My lithodora does not flower

Posted by clarendon 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 17:13

My lithodora is now almost flowerless. In spring it did flower quite a bit but now it is just green. What can I do to make them flower profusely like campanula or aubrieta? Or is lithodora the kind of plants that does not flower so much? I mean, is it wrong to expect lithodoras to cover themselves with flowers like campanulas and aubrietas do?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My lithodora does not flower

Perhaps lithodora is a spring flowering plant.
It does not winter over here, but when I can get the plants---they
do not flower later in the season.
Lithodora likes acidic soil also.
Caroline

o

• Posted by pippi21 Z7 Silver Spring, Md (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 0:02

Kiosk025 is a Dave's garden member and post on the perennial forum and she just showed pictures of her Lithodora "Grace Ward" and she has a lot planted on a slope. Maybe she can help you. I saw the "Grace Ward" yesterday in Bluestone perennials and I'd love to try it. Claredon, why not at least add more to your location than zone 8..maybe there are others in your area that grow this plant and can offer some advice too.

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 5, 12 at 17:25

Zone 8 covers a lot of Texas and western Washington State.
Big difference in climate, but share the same cold temps is all.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alpines & Rock Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here