Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pajkai

Recommendations for 'low maintenance' in Booth Bay

pajkai
19 years ago

As a gift to good friends who live right on the water at Booth Bay, I was going to clean up and organize and plant in an old rock garden they have next to their home.

Like Maine - it is a large ledge of rock with assorted boulders and old, dead, or weeded plantings. It gets early am shade and then sun till about 1 or 2:00 pm. It needs a lot of cleaning, but I would like to start thinking about what would be good to plant. Also, I need "no maintenance," as this is a second home and they are not there to water - other than rain or whatever run off they get from above (not much).

Thank you for your help

PAJKAI

Comment (1)

• sbeas
    19 years ago

Sedums are always the first thing that come to mind or other succulents. Many sedums don't need lots of sun either. S. kamschatakum (spelling varies from ref. to ref. and mine may be off from all others) especially does not like full sun for long - at least not in Okla.'s heat. S. alba might work; also S. lineare variegatum (which isn't the fast spreader that the all green one is). Nice of you to do; hope it goes well. Sharon in OK

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz