Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cannedam

Blogged my rock garden, if you'd like to take a look

cannedam
15 years ago

I was going to post the pictures here but this doesn't seem to be a forum where you can do that. Perhaps I'm wrong.

If you'd like to take a look, I added it to my blog:

http://cannedam.blogspot.com/2008/07/rock-garden.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Mundanacity

Comments (6)

• leftwood
    15 years ago

Nice blog!

You can post photos here, but be warned about ivillage's privacy and user rules: everything you post here, including images, become the property of ivillage. They have explicitly stated that they can do whatever they want with them, including sell them !!!

A few years ago, a lot of GW people left because of this revamping. This forum, especially, was quite vibrant. We have gone to better places now.

• terrestrial_man
    15 years ago

On posting images. Generally if you do not care if they make money with them then no big deal. But to bypass their "taking" of your images you can always put the images up at Photobucket which remain yours, since you can easily add and DELETE any image you post there, and then link to the image at Photobucket or set up that image as an img src here and retain control of the image.

• cannacrazy
    15 years ago

What a great garden and your blog is quite entertaining, too! Do you just go on a rock hunt to see what you can find? All I've got in SC is sandy soil; oh, and rocks by ton--if you want to buy them!

• cannedam
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have a nephew in SC -- I should go visit and get some rocks :) Actually, these rocks were all over my yard for some reason. I decided to put them all together in a rock garden. I am going to go hunting for rocks because I need to expand the rock garden by about 20+ more feet in length. oh, yeh, I did go hunting for the river rock. Numerous excursions to the beach. (SHHHH)

I'm not too comfortable with the idea that GW could possibly make some money off my photos. :/ yuck.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya i didn't know they could do that!! that's just wrong!!
    on the other hand, your garden is just awesome!! :') i love how you done that!! i've been thinking of doing one, but never got around to it YET!! LOL we go on walks all the time, i think we will be bringing rocks home!! LOL ~Medo :')

• leftwood
    15 years ago

Regarding photos, terrestrial man is right: providing a link to your photo is safe. Just don't post an actual photo on the forum if you want to keep it as yours.

Sponsored