Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisacolburn_gw

Collecting sempervivum seed

lisacolburn
17 years ago

I have several sempervivum that are blooming or done blooming and would like to collect the seed and try my hand at growing the plants. does anyone out there have experience with collecting the seed and subsequently growing the semps from seed?

thanks, Lisa

Comment (1)

• reneeslovenia
    17 years ago

I guess I'm too late to tell you how to collect the seeds - hope you managed it on your own. But I can give an advice considering seedlins. Seeds should be frozen (for some weeks), they germinate much better that way. Keep them ouside or in fridge, just don't let them be wet.

Sow in spring. Be careful with water - seedlings can't take much water their first winter!

I know you like sempervivums and perhaps you would care to join my international sempervivum swappers list or just get a free copy.

Vol. 3 of the list will be out in January, 2007 and you can send your add by the end of this year.Adds and list, that is distributed by email, are absolutely free.

In vol. 2 of the list there were more than 30 adds from people selling or swapping sempervivums from all over the world (USA,Canada, Europe, ...) and more than 2.000 cultivars and species were listed.Vol. 3 will be even bigger - pages and pages of sempervivums only ...

In case you are interested, please send me an email to renee@email.si.

Best wishes, Renata

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor