Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengal_co

Rock Garden Mulch

gardengal_co
12 years ago

I have some landscaping breeze that my neighbor gave to me... I am hoping that I can use it for a mulch on my rock garden bed... does anyone know if there are any properties to breeze that would make this inappropriate for a mulch???

Comments (6)

• leftwood
    12 years ago

What is landscaping breeze??? Never heard of it, and googling it turned up zilch...

LOL, are you pulling our collective legs?

• botann
    12 years ago

I've never heard of it either and I was a Landscape contractor for over 30 years.
    Mike

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

I was able to gather from searches that it is some sort of base material that, from the sounds of it, might be used as a scree. But I saw no pix nor anything telling what it consisted of. Any chance of a pic?

tj

• gardengal_co
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is a link to a site that gives a picture of breeze. Hope this helps. Kristi

Here is a link that might be useful: Breeze

• leftwood
    12 years ago

It's hard to tell from the pics. The company is not very informative about it. Looks like unsifted rock aggregates left over from crushing and sifting larger sizes out (?). So that would include a lot of dust, I think(?). If this is true, I am not sure it would do the job of helping to keep weeds out.

I always get a lot of tiny rock particles that settle to the bottom of my buckets of #4 and #2 grit. I throw it out in the yard, not in my rock garden. I need air spaces in my rock garden soil; I don't want to purposely fill those spaces up with tiny particles. On the other hand, if you live in the dry parts of Colorado, maybe this wouldn't be a concern.

Rick

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

Looks similar to what we call traffic bond here. I agree with with Rick, it looks like it has some very fine particles that could be an issue depending on your soil.

tj

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery