Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paste592

Sedum lydium - why can't I find it???

paste592
19 years ago

Am starting a rock gardem, and right on top of my "must-have" list is sedum lydium. Even the Hortiplex database doesn't list it, although google images list several photos. It's in my American Horticultural Society plant encyclopedia (that's where I found it).

Anybody have it? Where'd you find yours? Does it have another name???

Pat

Comments (10)

• MarkG_UK
    19 years ago

Hi, I don't think it's a particularly common one. I wonder if there was a particular reason why you wanted this one? From the descriptions (I've never seen it) it doesn't seem too different from many. Avoid Sedum album and possibibly sedum acre but there are many others that look similar. Sedum dasyphyllum has ting fat blue green leave and pink/white flowers. That might be a good one to start with.

• lavflame
    19 years ago

I got several starts of Sedum lydium a few months ago. It is a charming plant! I have a couple of small rooted starts in a cell pack that I might be willing to trade for the right temptation.
    Email me and we might be able to work something out.

Pam
    lavflame@aol.com

• marie_ga
    19 years ago

Try canningperinnials.com. I found it there.

• milwdave
    18 years ago

Lydium is nice but keep it under TOTAL control....it can be weedy.

• Kindness Matters (NE Ohio 6a)
    6 years ago

This is a very old thread, but I wanted to try asking anyway... Why did Mark say to avoid sedums album and acre?

• windberry zone5a BCCanada
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

That made me wondering, too. Personally, I like them both.

6 years ago

Do they spread too much? I got S. acre late in the year this year, and S. album was already sold out but would like to get it at some point too. Hope neither of them is problematic.

• windberry zone5a BCCanada
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

From my experience S. album can reseed itself easily in favourable conditions, but is very easy to pull out. Other than having my Sedum album eaten to the ground by rabbits late last fall, neither of the two sp. created any problems in my garden.

6 years ago

Okay, thank you much.

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm